Protect your future by combining insurance and financial planning.
Do I Need Insurance?
Insurance strategies that take your overall financial picture into account are a powerful way to protect your future.
To take advantage of insurance available through MD Financial Management, you must be a member of the Canadian Medical Association (CMA). Joining is easy. You will also automatically enjoy other benefits, including:
- free financial advice
- low and no-fee banking, credit card and lines of credit services available
- access to clinical resources
- free online textbooks
- CMA librarians at your service
- Free subscription to the Canadian Medical Association Journal
As a medical student, your ability to earn a future income is your most valuable asset. Unforeseen events like illnesses or accidents can have big financial implications. Imagine if you lost the ability to practice medicine. If you had to leave medical school, not only would your future earning potential be jeopardized, you would also face having to start repaying student loans.
Insurance for Today and Tomorrow
It’s easy to think that insurance is important only when you get older. But the best time to think about insurance is when you’re young and healthy. The older you get, the more costly it becomes. This means that the sooner you can get your insurance needs covered, the more cost effective it will be. And if your health suffers, it may be much more difficult, or impossible, to qualify for insurance.
Get the Insurance Coverage You NeedProtect your future and gain peace of mind by providing yourself with adequate insurance. Your MD advisor can help you determine if you need:
- disability insurance—to protect your earning potential
- life insurance—to protect your, and your family's, finances
- critical illness insurance—to protect your savings
- exclusive and competitive insurance solutions—available where MD has a special alliance with a provincial medical association.