Returning to Canada
Aim for a smooth transition after studying abroad.
Are You an International Medical Graduate?
Welcome back. We’re here to help you make a smooth transition during your return to Canada. MD Financial Management is number one with physicians because we put physicians first. As a resident returning to Canada, you are in an ideal position to start assembling your MD financial team. Learn more.
Your Net Worth
We suggest getting a firm idea of where you stand financially. Our online debt assessment tool gives you a snapshot of your:
- net worth—the difference between what you have an what you owe
- cash flow—where your money comes from and where it goes
- total debt—how much debt you took on during med school
Banking and Credit Card Services
Take advantage of special banking and credit card services, tailored to your needs as a resident:
- no monthly fee chequing account1, unlimited electronic transactions, up to 200 free cheques per year, access to over 3,300 ATM machines across Canada2, overdraft protection3 and much more
- CMA/MD Platinum MastercardTM with no annual fee for the first two years4 and extensive travel offers and other rewards—learn more
- a medical student and resident line of credit5 that lets you borrow up to $275,000 and get the funds you need in flexible annual increments
Talk to an MD Advisor
Together with your MD advisor, you can build a financial plan that will support you through residency and into practice. Email MD Financial Management or call 1 866 243-9505.